Salesforce DeveloperApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
Employment Type: Contract
**US Citizens and Green Card Holders Only**
Job Title: Salesforce Developer, Consultant (Contract)
Location: Cambridge, MA
Our Client is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for developing cloud based applications through the Salesforce.com platform with an in-depth understanding of salesforce and its limitations. You will develop complex Apex triggers, classes, and controllers as well as Visualforce pages within the most updated Salesforce development environment.
This person must demonstrate a strong ability to analyze business requirements, develop, and deliver a scalable and sustainable product. The ideal candidate will leverage standard out of the box SFDC capabilities as much as possible and have the ability to extend functionality with custom coding if needed. The scope of work for this individual covers all stages of a project, from requirements gathering through testing and training.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Integrate Salesforce with other applications via real-time, batch, synchronously and asynchronously.
- Create and manage complex workflow rules, data validation and triggers
- Data management and data loading tools such as Data Loader
- Develop technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Responsible for the SFDC configurations needed to deliver the desired solution.
- Perform data loads and data fix tasks.
- Ensure data security is enforced by the use of roles, profiles, and sharing rules.
- Prepare documentation as needed including functional specifications and test scripts.
- Perform unit testing and fix any defects in admin configurations. Support the user acceptance test activities.
- Configure working prototypes in a development sandbox if required, and validate and refine prototypes.
- Create Change Sets and deploy from the development sandbox to the full data sandbox.
- Clearly communicate task status to key stakeholders.
- Leverage comprehensive understanding of salesforce.com products and platform to recommend solutions and enhancements that would address business needs.
- Work with management to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage the data to support additional business processes or functions.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s in business or engineering is a plus.
- SFDC certifications (DEV401, Platform Developer I, Platform Developer II preferred).
- Strong understanding of release management and change management
- Must have Salesforce Out of the Box functionality
- Experience with Continuous integration, Build, Test and Deployment of incremental changes to systems.
- 3+ years of Force.com experience in Apex, Visualforce, Triggers, Workflow, Process Builder, etc. and have a strong understanding of SFDC design/ development best practices.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party system using Web services and Appexchange apps.
- Experience with enterprise-level integrations involving business-critical systems
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the salesforce.com platform coupled with a good understanding of common business processes. Must be a confident self-starter individual who can completely own the delivery of high value work products.
- Experience in migrating change sets and addressing post deployment issues.
- Understanding of key SFDC architectural concepts (e. g. API, governor limits, and test coverage) and how they influence design.
- Strong problem solving skills with a willingness and ability to learn new software features.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.