Quality Engineer/CIApply Now
Location: Spindale, North Carolina
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for a Quality/CI Engineer who will overall responsibility for leading and driving Quality and Continuous Improvement across the entire manufacturing site. You will train, coach and directly applies lean/Quality tools and principles to all business functions within the value streams. This person will work with site leadership to achieve significant improvements to business processes that are linked to site strategy and focused on the customer, resulting in balanced scorecard improvements
- Plans and conducts the analysis, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of products and components
- Participates in the New Product Development Stage Gate Reviews to ensure built-in quality during design stage
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, product or process quality and reliability
- Implements and manages the company’s corrective action system
- Prepares reports and scorecards to communicate results of quality assurance activities
- In Conjunction with Plant Manager; lead and manage all standardized CI/Quality activities across the site, aligned with the Performance System
- Act as a change agent, systematically driving a CI/Quality culture
- Facilitate strategy deployment and goal deployment across all site functions and multiple value streams, and maintain a site-wide lean roadmap aimed at meeting site business goals, including productivity, quality, delivery and customer allegiance
- Champion, measure and report on site productivity savings to meet AOP goals.
- Train and lead kaizen and lean workshops to site leaders and associates, including VSM, daily management, standard work, problem solving, 3P/layout, cell design, material flow, TPM, SMED, 5S and visual management
- Bachelor’s degree; technical engineering discipline
- Formal CI/Quality training and certification (ASQ CQM or Lean Sigma Belt Certification)
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on lean kaizen, including VSM, daily management, standard work, cell design, material flow, TPM, SMED, 3P/layout, 5S and visual
- Quality/Lean experience from a company with a strong, formal business system
- Solid Quality/lean tool technical skills, project management experience and decision-making capability
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience in a machining/assembly environment
- Working knowledge of multiple business functions, including operations, logistics, finance, sales, customer service, engineering, IT and human resources
- Experience leading strategy deployment and goal deployment, and developing a site-side CI/Quality improvement roadmap with demonstrated results
- Advanced computer proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Scott has worked in talent acquisition for the past 22 years, holding positions from account executive to senior management overseeing large territories. He is focused primarily on direct-hire (full-time) positions in a variety of industries, specializing in IT and engineering.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.