Operations ManagerApply Now
Location: St. Pauls, North Carolina
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for an Operations Manager to lead all manufacturing operations in our client’s plant. Helping teams understand customer needs, the business plan and plant metrics as well as facilitate how and when to react/correct by implementing countermeasures to improve performance in the plant.
- Participates in developing Strategic Plan for the site while driving Goal Deployment to meet objectives
- Ensures that manufacturing has the talent to meet business requirements. Completes regular talent assessments and takes action to address gaps. Provides performance management to help reports improve leadership capabilities and provide accountability.
- Assures that discipline and other corrective actions are handled effectively and fairly. Assures that company policies are followed
- Actively manages talent and organizational structure to meet customer and business needs
- Maintains a fully engaged and motivated work force in his/her areas to ensure that plant goals and objectives are achieved
- Lean leader for areas under his/her responsibility. Is the Champion for Continuous Improvement at the site; visibly at the forefront of plant transformation and enabling employees to make daily improvements in their areas
- Chief advocate for the customer ensuring the highest quality products and service to our customers; setting up processes inside the factory to focus on the customer
- Owner of Quality at the site with a relentless pursuit of zero defects
- Motivates and coaches his/her team to identify opportunities during Gemba Walks in order to eliminate/decrease waste
- Budget – ensures predetermined budgets are met for KPI’s. Participates in the preparation of the site Annual Operating Plan linking business goals, productivity targets, resource and capital plans.
- Identifies the gaps and areas of focus to make certain that budgets are met and the Operations Department is profitable
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, engineering, or other technical area preferred
- 5 to 10 years progressive related experience at a management level on different disciplines or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience to perform the requirements of the position
- Demonstrated history of leading change and continuous improvement in factories to achieve customer and business goals
- Strongly demonstrated general management skills including team building, JIT process based manufacturing, cost management, material/logistics, forecasting and planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, quality management, strong customer relationship background and attitude.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including Environment, Safety & Health, Industrial Relations, accounting principles, and supply contract administration
- In depth knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen (certification desired)
- Advanced technical or business degree a plus
Scott has worked in talent acquisition for the past 22 years, holding positions from account executive to senior management overseeing large territories. He is focused primarily on direct-hire (full-time) positions in a variety of industries, specializing in IT and engineering.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.