Molding Process EngineerApply Now
Location: Upland, California 91786
Employment Type: Contract
Contract length: 6-12 Months
Job Summary: To design and develop manufacturing systems with emphasis on new molds and molding processes. This position oversees the development, setup, monitoring, adjustment, and efficient operations of machines and auxiliary equipment pertaining to our injection molding and assembly operations.
- Design and develop new molds, molding processes, techniques, process improvements and cost reductions
- Perform data analysis and/or write progress reports on existing manufacturing processes to ensure performance is within expectations
- Procure new equipment and necessary training as required
- Lead activities of Process Technicians and in support of assigned projects
- Responsible for new process implementation and current production process improvement / optimization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a medium/high volume manufacturing environment (injection molding, assembly, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (design of experiments, measurement R&R, and statistical process control).
- Knowledge and working experience with mechanical (indicators, micrometers, etc.) and electronic metrology instrumentation (CMM, Interferometer, Confocal microscope, etc.) is preferred
- Working knowledge of machining, tools, fixturing, and assembly practices
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.