Manufacturing SupervisorApply Now
Location: St. Pauls, North Carolina
Employment Type: Direct Hire
OVERVIEW: We are looking for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor who will be fully responsible for order fulfillment for complete product lines. He/she is responsible for the supervision of hourly personnel & will implement Lean principles in their area; provide support and oversee the work performed by his/her production teams;
- Accountable for managing overall production planning practices to ensure daily prioritized production schedules, quality and timely delivery of products, taking into consideration short term/long term production requirements
- Procures feedback and establishes frequent communication with customers to understand needs and concerns
- Ensures labor and machine capacities to accomplish production schedules Selects, induces, trains, apprises, and rewards his direct employees according to standard practices, offering coaching/mentoring or corrective action when appropriate
- Establishes and maintains key performance measures throughout the production environment
- Leads cross-functional team to direct the order fulfillment process for assigned product lines Provides leadership to make sure proper customer service, safety, 5S, quality, delivery, and productivity goals are in place and are promptly accomplished
- Maintains daily management visual boards to effectively control production, resolve problems, and communicate results
- Leads the effort in safety compliance, improvement and promoting awareness in accordance with company safety requirements and guidelines; drives 5S into production on a daily basis Responds to line down issues and provides leadership to root cause analysis and corrective action plan execution
- Work with production planner to ensure changeover sequencing minimizes labor and material costs, if applicable
- Coordinates machine maintenance with maintenance staff to minimize production downtime and increase production efficiency Works to control the minimization of scrap
- Must keep the entire staff accountable to uphold Company Policies and Procedures.
- Production Supervisor is also responsible for all documentation relative to attendance and disciplinary issues
- Responsible for cross training entire staff so direct reports are interchangeable in each manufacturing discipline
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 5-7 years production leadership experience Green Belt Preferred Ability to read, analyze, and interpret shop drawings, technical procedures, and listing agreements Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure/training manuals
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistics, fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must have knowledge and be proficient in the use of internet software, primarily Microsoft Office
Scott has worked in talent acquisition for the past 22 years, holding positions from account executive to senior management overseeing large territories. He is focused primarily on direct-hire (full-time) positions in a variety of industries, specializing in IT and engineering.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.