Linux Systems AdministratorApply Now
Location: Malden, Massachusetts 02148
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Linux Systems Administrator
The Systems Administrator position is a critical part of the technology team. This position offers the ideal candidate a full range of IT operational experience from managing high-capacity servers and networking equipment to being involved with the latest technology platforms. This is an ideal opportunity for an energetic candidate who is seeking excellent growth experience while participating as a key member supporting our business operations.
Concepts/skills/requirements we are looking for:
- Linux Administration, installations, package management, user administration, filesystems, JVM set up, support etc.
- Exposure to kernel tuning, security concepts, performance tuning
- Exposure to platform monitoring, specifically Nagios
- BASH shell scripting exposure – ability to read and edit scripts.
- Familiarity with basic app stacks such as LAMP
- MySQL administration (not DBA level) a bonus
- end user support
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.