Jr. Network Engineer (Tier I Support)Apply Now
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 Months to Start (Strong Likelihood of Extensions and/or Conversion to Permanent Full-Time Status)
Job Summary: The primary responsibilities of this position will be for assisting the Network Support Team in maintaining and administering company's computer networks. The primary duties will include operational maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary.
- Manage ACL changes through service desk and change management workflows
- General data center operations work, including racking, cabling, inventory, diagramming, disk swaps, RMAs, etc
- Tier 1 network troubleshooting and triage of emerging network issues
- Utilize IT Asset Workflow to perform network adds/changes/retirements
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers
- Experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine, Cisco MDS SAN Infrastructure and Cisco UCS infrastructure. Scripting knowledge with Ansible, Python, PERL, etc preferred
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.