Freight Payment CoordinatorApply Now
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752
Employment Type: Contract
Job Summary: The primary responsibilities of this position will be to validate and authorize payments of domestic or international transportation related freight and logistics services invoices. Research and resolve issues associated with the matching and payment of invoices within the Transportation Management System (TMS) and other corporate systems.
- Performs data entry, performs auditing and payment authorization of freight invoices in a high-volume payables area; tests and verifies EDI quality of data
- Research multiple and complex variables in determining why an inbound or outbound freight invoice does not match a planned freight movement, prior to authorization
- Evaluates and validates the veracity of invoiced costs compared to a predetermined system values lying outside an over or under range, for payment authorization; Researches and identifies invoicing errors caused by inaccurate data in the corporate transportation contract freight rates or other data issues within the Transportation Management System (TMS); directs findings to appropriate parties for corrections.
- Conducts quarterly account receivable reconciliations with carriers to resolve outstanding invoice issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Law Degree, Associate’s degree in accounting preferred.
- 1-year experience in Accounts Payable or finance roles
- Strong organizational skills, computer experience and Excel Spreadsheet skills desired
- Accounts payable experience preferred
Focusing in the technology practice area at JVT Advisors, Brian enjoys partnering with candidates to help land them their dream job.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.