ELN DeveloperApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Title: ELN Developer
Employment Type: Contract (6+ months)
Location: Greater Boston area
This candidate will develop solutions within several enterprise lab systems including the Waters NuGenesis Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and Empower Chromatography Data Software (CDS) applications. A strong background in one or more Scientific Informatics software (LIMS, CDS, ELN, LES) is required.
The experienced candidate will work with business partners, quality representatives, as well as IT representatives to help develop ELN solutions, qualifications plans, execute against qualification plans, and provide day-to-day form development support.
All work of the ELN Developer is conducted within regulatory guidelines and industry best practices.
The role will be based in Greater Boston and includes flexibility in location but is expected to be on-site at least 50% of the time.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design, build, test and deploy Scientific Informatics software (ELN, SDMS, & Lab Instrumentation)
- Author required design documentation in line with compliance requirements and execute the configuration in the Scientific Informatics software.
- Actively own, promote and improve the technical solution and associated processes for your area.
- Develop simple and complex software functionality and reports. Develop and manage new enhancements and bug fixes including hands on programming in SQL and KNIME.
- Integrate laboratory instruments with scientific software packages.
- Assist in the generation of test scripts, carry out product testing and support user acceptance testing. Write basic SQL queries using relational database concepts and schema design principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, bioinformatics, information technology, or similar discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Expert knowledge in one or more Scientific Informatics software (LIMS, CDS, ELN, LES).
- 3-5 years of software development experience in Laboratory Informatics projects.
- 3-5 years of experience working in regulated environments.
- Proven experience of both configuration and functional design in Scientific Informatics is needed.
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical IT Landscape.
- 2 years of experience in NuGenesis ELN/SDMS development (Desired).
- Experience working in large global/multinational corporations on large implementations/deployments (Desired).
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline (Desired).
Brian is responsible for uncovering the right candidates and managing them through the interview and hiring process.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.