Director of QualityApply Now
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for a candidate that will have significant quality experience in highly technical products manufacturing environments and engineering solutions. You will be a major contributor to new product development programs and lead small teams of quality engineers to integrate multiple technologies into successful products. You will have a passion around both the exploratory nature of prototyping, as well as the rigor needed to finish and deliver a product to market and sustain mature products.
- Ensures ISO 9001 and 13485 are maintained and achieve ISO certification for acquisitions.
- Educates and trains all employees as to their impact on the quality management system.
- Reviews customer contracts and change requests to ensure the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends, and losses.
- Drives metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or manufacturing engineering required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management, with five (5) years of Quality, or Operations Management experience in a medium-size manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proven track record of leveraging continuous improvement and Kaizen methodologies to deliver business results.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport and be able to travel domestically and internationally, if necessary, up to 40%.
Jake is an individual contributor on the Direct-Hire team. He usually spends his day connecting top talent with cutting-edge tech companies.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.