Director of I.T.Apply Now
Location: Andover, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for a Director of IT who has manufacturing experience and is tune with the business and can talk strategy. In the role you will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. This individual will collaborate directly with the executive management team and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective business processes and/or technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the senior management team.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business processes and system requirements for new technology implementations.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- MBA or equivalent work experience supporting a medium to large manufacturing company.
- 10 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT when solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of financials in a mid-sized manufacturing environment.
Scott has worked in talent acquisition for the past 22 years, holding positions from account executive to senior management overseeing large territories. He is focused primarily on direct-hire (full-time) positions in a variety of industries, specializing in IT and engineering.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.