DevOps Automation EngineerApply Now
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: Partner with internal product groups and engineering teams to design and deliver Infrastructure as Code automation for projects and platforms, while advancing company’s automation capabilities through collaboration with multiple architecture and engineering teams
- Provides thought leadership and engineering guidance to teams working on automation across a broad range of platforms and applications.
- Helps assess, prioritize, and plan activities of the core automation team.
- Functions as a technical expert in the design, development, and maintenance of automation solutions for on premise infrastructure as well as IaaS and PaaS cloud providers.
- Defines and communicates best practices for Infrastructure as Code, including integration with DevSecOps pipelines.
- Actively participates in governance processes, including automation code reviews and promotion.
- Follows industry trends and emerging tools, evaluates new tools and automation technologies, recommends and plans introduction of new tools.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in systems engineering or administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- In-depth knowledge of automation patterns, best practices, and tools.
- Solid understanding of a broad range of infrastructure technologies, including servers, virtualization, storage, and network.
- Strong experience developing full-stack automation for COTS applications such as ERP or Financials. Experience with Oracle applications is a plus.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Ansible Tower, CyberArk, UNIX shell, and PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, XebiaLabs, and ServiceNow.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communications, and mentoring skills.
As the vendor manager for the Contract Recruiting team, Chintan is responsible for contract negotiation, continuing to expand relationships with IT service providers, and functional reporting including metrics for billability, operational issues, and investigated root causes.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.