Cost/Plant AccountantApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Job Duties: The primary focus of this role is to support manufacturing operations, supply chain management and facilities. Responsibilities will focus on the areas of inventory, cost of goods and fixed assets.
- Maintain standard cost system to ensure accuracy of inventory valuation and support annual manufacturing cost standard updates
- Monitor inventory transactions and processes including scrap, inventory, cycle counts and cost of goods to ensure accuracy and compliance with corporate policies
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary for inventory, cost of goods, and fixed assets
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing departments to discuss and resolve issues in areas such as production, purchasing, accounts payable, receiving, shipping, and other
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance
- 5 years of relevant accounting experience, including experience in a costing role
- Experience in a process manufacturing environment and a general understanding of discrete manufacturing preferred
- SAP experience highly desired
Ian is responsible for full-cycle recruiting in many areas, including HR, IT, finance, and administrative. Prior to joining JVT, Ian worked for 5 years as a senior recruiter at Randstad.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.