Computer OperatorApply Now
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Employment Type: Contract
- Monitors and supports distributed and mainframe platforms through the use of various monitoring tools and applications
- Operates distributed/mainframe systems and associated peripherals
- Identifies, resolves, or escalates system alerts that impact system availability
- Performs basic problem analysis via the operating system console and other mainframe utilities and takes corrective action where called for or seeks assistance where causes of problems are not apparent
- Responds to system hardware failures and works with support teams or vendor to minimize impact to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Basic knowledge of operating system and sub-systems: IBM z/Operating System (z/OS) mainframe operating system; IBM Job Entry System 2 (JES2) job management sub-system; IBM Time Sharing Option (TSO) single logon tool; IBM Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF); IBM System Display and Search Facility (SDSF); and IBM Tape Management systems (TMS).
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio
As the vendor manager for the Contract Recruiting team, Chintan is responsible for contract negotiation, continuing to expand relationships with IT service providers, and functional reporting including metrics for billability, operational issues, and investigated root causes.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.