Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Outstanding opportunity for a APICS certified, Oracle experienced Buyer!
• Responsible for the processing of purchase requisitions submitted by internal customers and from the MRP planning system for assigned commodities from a qualified supplier base in a cost effective manner consistent with the company's processes and procedures.
• Solicit bids, analyze quotations, select or recommend suppliers, and negotiate purchase agreements in concert with the highest quality at the lowest total cost.
• Assist in the review of engineering drawings/specifications and solicit recommendations from suppliers that will provide reduced lead times, lower cost and product improvements.
• Work with suppliers and materials planning organization to establish and implement “KANBAN” purchase agreements that support the reduction of lead times, on time deliveries, the prevention of excess inventories, and increased inventory turns.
• Continue to research and develop sources of supply for assigned commodities with a continuous improvement approach to achieve 100% on-time delivery and quality.
• Support sourcing initiatives collaborating with Sourcing and Quality team
• Conduct meetings with current suppliers and potential new suppliers in an effort to actively investigate their internal capabilities in providing goods and services in accordance with our requirements and specifications. Discuss/review with current suppliers their performances in delivery and quality. In addition, these meetings should include, but not limited to, discussions concerning the suppliers’ current production capabilities, quality systems in place, in house engineering, and their financial status.
- 4+ years of purchasing/supply chain experience
- Education: BS/BA degree in a business or technical field
- Hands-on experience with Oracle and lower level ERP systems
- APICS certification desirable
- Ability to drive cost reduction projects to achieve consistent PPV and overall material spend reductions
- Proven ability to ensure material availability, while reducing inventory and increasing inventory turns.
- Systematic approach to analyzing and reducing the supply base to achieve maximize EOQ purchasing for cost effectiveness
- Strong negotiation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player with strong computer, written, verbal and skills
- Ability to multitask and manage changing business conditions is essential
- Previous experience with opto-electronics and PCB commodities,
- Working experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma environments
- International purchasing experience a plus
- Understand and participate in the SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations Planning) process.
Yhoumey is a recruiter for our direct hire team. She enjoys partnering with candidates to find the right career placements.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.