Business Systems Analyst Medical AffairsApply Now
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst with Medical Affairs experience. This position plans, implements, and maintains corporate commercial applications software and systems. This includes performing administrative and management tasks to maintain application operation, install new systems, develop reports, support ancillary software, and maintain system compliance, security, and performance. This position will serve as the primary interface with system users, and vendor contacts, and will assist with the operation of systems for pharmaceutical sales, marketing, and related activities.
- Provides administration and supports operation and use of off-the-shelf commercial analysis and basic server database engines.
- Utilizes software development, extraction, and analysis tools to aid users in reporting commercial business information.
- Provides project leadership in planning, design, implementation and support of business applications; insures interface with existing application, network and operational server environments.
- Act as liaison for outside vendors during installation, modification, and training, of application software.
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of corporate business applications used for commercial operations, including sales forecasting and analysis systems.
- Monitors software requirements, determines application utilization, and recommends upgrades/enhancements as needed.
- Monitors and responds to application problems using appropriate problem determination tools; tracks problem occurrence and resolution; identifies, diagnoses and repairs complex problems.
- Develops and implements operational standards and procedures for commercial applications, including those for performance, backup, and security. Interfaces with operations staff for development and monitoring of off-hours and special procedures.
- Performs administrative and management tasks required to establish and maintain compliance with various regulatory standards.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Finance or related technical field or equivalent experience required; Graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a commercial/Medical Affairs/HEOR CRM applications support/development environment, in a complex publicly-traded company, pharma industry preferred.
- High degree of technical expertise and extensive knowledge providing business system analysis in pre-commercial and commercial bio-tech environments to support business systems including process review/improvement, application support and development specifically Veeva suite of products (CRM, Vault and Network), data reporting and formatting tools.
- High degree of expertise in project management related to the selection, installation, and management of application software systems.
- Provides application implementation guidance to desktop support specialists, network engineers, and server administrators.
- Provides training and software development assistance to users.
Scott has worked in talent acquisition for the past 22 years, holding positions from account executive to senior management overseeing large territories. He is focused primarily on direct-hire (full-time) positions in a variety of industries, specializing in IT and engineering.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.