Administrative Assistant IApply Now
Location: Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Employment Type: Contract
Contract length: 3 Months
Job Summary: Under general direction provides high-level administrative support. Performs functions requiring considerable knowledge and judgment regarding departmental procedures and policies. Researches information composes correspondence and prepares regular and/or special reports.
- Types a variety of materials including correspondence manuscripts abstracts grant proposals medical and statistical reports most often utilizing knowledge of medical/technical terminology
- Answers telephone and receive visitors into the area
- Maintains supervisor's calendar without prior clearance for most appointments often coordinating supervisor's hospital private practice and national organization(s) commitments; makes necessary travel arrangements
- Maintains departmental records and often those associated with major national organizations including such confidential information as budget payroll patient and personnel data
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- Up to one year specialized training including course work in correspondence typing medical terminology and general business procedures
- Proficient typing skills are required in order to prepare a variety of materials some such as grant proposals and manuscripts requiring a precise format.
- Ability to perform analysis of numerical data involving the use of mathematical formulas as well as routine tabulation
- The ability to operate a variety of office equipment is required
Ian is responsible for full-cycle recruiting in many areas, including HR, IT, finance, and administrative. Prior to joining JVT, Ian worked for 5 years as a senior recruiter at Randstad.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.